Benefits of Individual TherapyMarch 2, 2018
Most people who decide that they could benefit from therapy are thinking about individual therapy. In this format, you meet on a regular basis with your counselor/therapist, identify and then address the specific and underlying issues that are affecting your life in ways that are not fulfilling or productive. Laurie Grengs is a licensed psychologist who offers individual therapy in Coon Rapids, Minnesota. In addition to being a therapist with great credentials and thirty years of experience, Laurie is someone who works hard to connect with her clients and also works with you to achieve your goals for therapy.
Individual Therapy Sessions
When you determine that it is time to take the next step in your personal well-being, you can feel confident knowing that Laurie Grengs has garnered the respect of her peers and many patients through the provision of excellent individual therapy. She respects the individual and recognizes your unique circumstances as she helps you respond to the following categories of issues:
● Depression: Whether your depression is more situational or chronic, Laurie can help. Acute circumstances, such as the loss of a loved-one, can be every bit as hard to deal with as more long-term issues that make depression a chronic issue for so many people. Laurie understands how to approach each end of the spectrum and all points in between.
● Issues in marriage: If you and your spouse are experiencing trouble in your relationship, Laurie can work with you on an individual basis and help you develop strategies that can translate to better communication between you and your spouse. Marriage relationships are complex, and making progress on an individual basis can help you make progress with your partner.
● Substance abuse: Knowledge of how substances (alcohol and other drugs) affect us is essential to providing helpful counseling. If you or your partner is dealing with substance-related issues, Laurie Grengs can help.
● Trauma: If you have experienced trauma of any kind, Laurie Grengs has the experience and insight to help you understand its impact on you. If you were the victim of a crime or of an assault, that trauma can stay with you and later morph into something more long-term. Working with a therapist who can help you gain important insights to combat the long-term effects of your trauma is crucial to long-term mental health.
● Anger: If your anger manifests in a way that is not cathartic, but instead perpetuates its presence in your life, you may have a need for anger counseling. Whatever the cause or causes of your anger, it runs the risk of becoming a permanent first response to situations that do not go your way.
Experienced Individual Counselor, Coon Rapids
If you would like more information or are ready to schedule a time for an individual therapy session with Laurie, call her directly at (763) 572-2326.