If Americans were to be polled, the majority would say that they have had at least one traumatic experience in their lifetime. Sure, these traumatic experiences can have varying degrees of intensity. Not one reaction to a traumatic experience is the same with humans. Some people may be able to handle the situation and move on with their lives. Others may be completely taken back by this event, unsure of how to recover. If you live in Minneapolis, MN and are currently dealing with a traumatic experience that you cannot come to grips with, The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy is here to help you! Our licensed therapists are eager to provide you with trauma therapy services in hopes of helping you heal and recover from this difficult circumstance.
Common Traumatic Experiences Where Therapy Can Help:
- Death of a Loved One – This may top the list of most difficult traumas to move on from. Therapy after losing a loved one can be very difficult because of all of the emotions you experience. Our therapists will help you face this loss head on so that you can gain a positive outlook on the situation.
- Abuse – Physical and sexual abuse can leave lasting traumatic memories. Many adults that were abused in some form as children continue to struggle with this type of trauma through adulthood.
- Job Loss – Feelings of failure and low self esteem are common issues around a traumatic job loss. Our job lost counselor can help you get back on your own two feet again and into a new profession that brings you happiness and confidence!
- Accidents – Most commonly, car accidents can cause trauma for individuals as you continue to relive the moment for years to come.
- Military Combat – Rightfully so, being an active member of the military can cause multiple traumatic circumstances while deployed and serving our country.
Experienced Psychologist that is Here to Help
Laurie Grengs, a licensed psychologist of 35 years has a passion for helping individuals get rid of traumatic memories for the long haul. Laurie and her staff commit to our clients in hopes of providing therapy that will help individuals experience happiness again in their life.
So, if you live in Minneapolis, MN and are struggling with traumatic events from your past, the therapists at The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy are ready to help. Give us a call today at (763) 572-2326 to learn more about our trauma therapy services.