When individuals hear the word “therapy,” some people place a negative connotation on this word that is not deserved. False myths have been placed on this type of counseling over the years due to the media. At The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy, we make it a point to break the incorrect views that you may have on how therapy can truly help individuals going through difficult times in their life. Serving Coon Rapids, MN, and surrounding areas, our team is ready to prove those myths wrong!
Common Myths that are Incorrect
- Therapy is only for crazy people – This statement is far from true. Our team offers executive coaching, marriage therapy, trauma therapy and many other services. Before you know it, your life can take an unexpected turn, and therapy is a great resource to help you get back on the right path.
- Therapy is only for couples about to break up – Although couples that are on the brink do often consult therapy, so do strong couples as well. Therapy can serve as a regularly scheduled meeting where you work through tough discussions or decisions. Preventative therapy is a common practice that we help couples with. Happy couples seek therapy too!
- Therapy is never ending – You as the client make the decision on how frequently you would like to meet with our team. Some individuals just need a few sessions, while others feel that they need a few months of therapy.
- Couples therapy makes the couple worse – Therapy serves as an unbiased playing field for both sides to express their feelings. Our therapists will work to ensure that both sides are heard evenly, and agreed upon decisions are made.
- Why choose therapy when there is medication – At The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy, we take the holistic approach that focuses on self healing instead of relying on medication. Although medication may help your symptoms temporarily, it is not a long term solution.
A Team You Can Trust
Laurie Grengs, a licensed psychologist with over 35 years experience, has dealt with all types of therapy over the years. Laurie and her team offer diverse therapy services ranging from addiction therapy all the way to a life coach. If you are interested in pursuing therapy for the first time, let The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy put those therapy myths to rest once and for all! If you live in Minnesota, give us a call today at (763) 572-2326.