Life can throw you a curveball when you least expect it. Sudden changes or prolonged exposure to trauma can result in stress and anxiety. For some individuals, an increase in stress levels may just be a blip on the screen but for others, the affects can impact everyday life. For those struggling with an anxiety disorder or who lack healthy coping skills to reduce stress, therapy can be the answer. At The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy, licensed psychologists provide stress and anxiety counseling when you need it the most. Our specialists can evaluate anxiety disorder symptoms and minimize the impact they can have on your career, school, marriage and enjoyment of life.
What is an Anxiety Disorder?
Having anxious feelings is just a normal part of life. However, when fear or worry become more persistent or disrupt the way you live your life, you may have an Anxiety Disorder. Examples of anxiety disorders that can be treated with therapy intervention include the following mental health conditions:
• Generalized Anxiety Disorder – Diagnosed in individuals who experience months or years of excessive worry and anxiety. Symptoms include muscle tension, sleep disturbances, fatigue, uncontrolled worry, difficulty concentrating, restless feelings and irritability.
• Social Anxiety Disorder (aka Social Phobia) – Diagnosed in individuals with an increased fear of social situations. They may be afraid of being rejected or judged in performance situations. Symptoms include difficulty talking with others, being very self-conscious, fearful of offending others, nausea, sweating, blushing or sick feeling around others, worrying for a long time before a social event. Social anxiety is often found to co-exist with other mental health conditions like depression or OCD.
• Panic Disorder – Diagnosed in individuals with recurring panic attacks that can onset suddenly and unexpected. Symptoms of a panic attack may include intense fear, intense worry, accelerated heart rate, trembling, shortness of breath, feeling o impending doom or of smothering. With a panic disorder the individual may feel out of control during an attack and avoid situations that may facilitate the next panic attack.
• Specific Phobias – Individuals may have intense fear that is beyond an appropriate response to a specific thing or situation. Common phobias include a heightened fear of flying, heights or snakes.
Anxiety Therapy Techniques Can Help
Research shows that Anxiety Disorders can often be treated effectively without medication through counseling. Anxiety therapy techniques can help you to re-focus your attention on the present rather than worrying about situations that can happen in the future. One technique to use when you are feeling panic, stress or anxiety involves centering yourself as you focus on your five senses and your breathing.
• 5 things you can SEE
• 4 things you can TOUCH
• 3 things you can HEAR
• 2 things that you can SMELL
• 1 thing that you can TASTE
Specialized Therapy for Anxiety and Stress
Life is to be experienced and enjoyed with all of its ups and downs. If enjoyment of your life is impacted by excessive stress or an anxiety disorder, The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy can offer hope. Our licensed psychologists provide specialized therapy techniques and counseling to relieve your anxiety symptoms and feel empowered to achieve your goals and dreams.
Call or email The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy – today at 763-572-2326, 1-877-527-2326 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org