Over time, the term therapy has been misunderstood. Some people hesitate to seek therapy because they feel like it has a negative connotation attached to it. Research has shown that approximately 1 out of every 5 adults in America are dealing with some type of mental illness, however only 45-65% of these individuals seek therapy. Sometimes just having an unbiased individual to speak with and discuss your problems can take a huge weight off of you. You are not required to have a mental illness in order to seek therapy. Therapy services can be used to help you through nearly any type of situation that is wearing you down. If you are looking for a reliable therapy provider in Minnesota, consider teaming up with The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy today!
Characteristics That Could Benefit From Therapy
- Constant Intense Feelings – If you feel like everything that you are going through in life is coming at you full speed ahead and you need a break, therapy is a great resource.
- Traumatic Experience – There are times in life that unexpected traumatic experiences occur. If this recently occurred to you and you cannot stop thinking of the experience, our therapist may be able to help you get over this tough time in your life.
- Feeling Sick – A common sign that therapy could help is if you are feeling sick, fatigued and weak on a regular basis.
- Addiction – If you find yourself using alcohol or drugs to calm down your feelings, there are healthier alternatives available for you. Our dedicated staff can provide you positive options to help beat your addiction.
- Poor Performance – Has your work productivity suddenly dropped and is your manager providing bad feedback about your work ethic? Attending regular therapy sessions can help get you back on the right track towards a successful career.
- Separation – If you feel like you have given up on activities and passions that used to make you happy, this may be a sign that help is needed.
- Strain on Relationships – Having trouble with your spouse or friends? If added stress and feelings of anger are taking over important relationships in your life, therapy should be the next step for you.
- Concern From Loved One’s – If the one’s that know you the best think that something is wrong, they are probably right. Listen to their recommendations and consider therapy as a solution for you to achieve a better way of life.
Long story short, therapy is not just a medical term. Therapy has a lot more benefits and if people begin to get over the stigma that therapy is negative, a lot more people in this world will experience happiness. If you live in Minnesota, give The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy a call today at (763) 572-2326 to set up your first therapy session.