When you are in need of help from a healthcare provider, it is important for the provider with whom you are working to have a baseline understanding of your present issues. The same is true when your healthcare professional is a psychologist. Laurie Grengs, a licensed psychologist located in Coon Rapids, MN, who also serves many people from Anoka and Blaine, can use a number of psychological evaluations with a wide variety of instruments to assess the nature of the issue you are dealing with and provide information that can be very helpful in giving you the insight and self-awareness you are looking for.
Types of Psychological Testing
Laurie Grengs offers personality-type assessments that can reveal subtle reassurance of the origins of your preferences when dealing with others. She can also offer other psychological tests that can help you answer myriad questions about the things in your life that may be creating difficulty or preventing you from the kind of fulfillment you deserve. Laurie offers a number of psychological tests that give insight into a spectrum of psychological manifestations. Psychological tests help to identify patterns, which Laurie will use as the basis of gathering more information from you.
Below are the areas of testing that Laurie offers:
- ADHD Screenings: Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder is among the most over-medicated of healthcare issues today. Having a therapist who can accurately assess the nature of the issue is an important step in proper treatment of the disorder.
- Autism Evaluations: If you are concerned that your child measures somewhere on the autism spectrum, there are some simple psychological evaluations that will help you gain greater understanding of the issues. Proper initial evaluation is extremely important to fuller understanding of the problem.
- Behavior Assessment: As with assessments that gauge interpersonal concerns, behavior assessment can give insight that allows you to modify behaviors in ways that are congruent with your ethics and self-awareness.
- Developmental Delays: If your child seems to be developing more slowly than their peers, assessing the nature and underlying causes of those delays will answer some important questions, the answers to which will help begin to address the developmental delays.
- Learning Disorders: Many of us have impediments to learning. Understanding the nature of what is impeding us—especially school children—is a necessary step in addressing the problem. Doing so is often simple, but when un-diagnosed, a learning disability can transform into patterns of behavior that are difficult to change. Proper testing can alleviate symptoms in the short-term and set you or your loved-one on the path to greater ease of learning.
- Mental Health and Personality Disorders: If you or a loved-one is struggling with an issue that may have a mental health origin, Laurie can help you establish a baseline understanding with evaluative tools to begin the process of addressing the underlying issue most effectively.
For more information or to schedule a time to meet with Laurie, you can contact her by email or phone at firstname.lastname@example.org, 763-572-2326 or 877-572-2326.