Laurie Grengs is a licensed psychologist who serves the communities of Blaine, Spring Lake Park, Coon Rapids, and Anoka, Minnesota. One important aspect of her work as a counselor is in psychological evaluations. Laurie can help you learn more about yourself by administering a personality type evaluation, and she can also administer much more involved evaluations to give you a clearer sense of the psychological dynamics operating in your life. Psychological testing can help you answer a wide array of questions pertaining to issues that can cause varying degrees of unrest in your life.
Types of Psychological Testing
Psychological testing can be administered to shed light on the following issues:
• ADHD Screenings: Attention Deficit and Hyperactivity Disorder is an issue facing many children and adults today. Laurie can accurately assess the nature of potential ADHD so that it can be treated appropriately.
• Behavior Assessment: As with assessments that gauge interpersonal concerns, behavior assessment can give insight that allows you to modify behaviors in ways that are congruent with your ethics and self-awareness.
• Learning Disorders: Many of us have impediments to optimal learning. Understanding the nature of what might be getting in the way of learning—especially for school age children—is an important step in addressing the problem. This testing is helpful at any time, but especially early when a disorder can be identified so that corrections and new patterns of behavior can be learned. Testing can alleviate symptoms in the short-term and set you or your loved-one on the path to greater ease of learning.
• Mental Health and Personality Disorders: If you or a loved-one are struggling with an issue that may have a mental health origin, Laurie Grengs can help you establish a baseline understanding with evaluative tools to begin the process of addressing the underlying issue most effectively.
• Developmental Delays: If one of your children seems to be learning and developing more slowly than their peers, you may want to assess the nature and underlying causes of those delays. These answers can help begin to address these delays.
• Interpersonal Issues: If you are finding it difficult to relate to others, for whatever reason, some basic but informative assessments can combine positively with the kind of therapy offered by Laurie Grengs to give you greater insight into the underlying issues.
• Autism Evaluations: If you are concerned that your child may fall on the autism spectrum, there are some simple psychological evaluations that will help you gain greater understanding of the issues. Proper initial evaluation is extremely important to fuller understanding of the problem.
Reach out to Laurie Grengs Today for Help
Results from these psychological tests can provide you with the data and information you need to make informed decisions about the best way to move forward in your life (or on behalf of your children). For more information or to schedule a consultation with Laurie, call (763) 572-2326.