No matter how perfect your marriage is, there will be times that you and your spouse get in arguments and experience tough times. It is what you do with those tough times that really paints a picture of your marriage. For some couples, understanding that your entire marriage is not going to be as happy as your wedding day can be tough. For others, a tough time can bring positive changes to one’s marriage. If you live in Blaine, MN and are interested in speaking with a therapist to try and help your marriage, The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy has exactly what you are looking for. Many people are surprised at how just sitting down with a non biased licensed psychologist can help one’s situation.
Our 7 Steps to a Healthy Marriage
- Get to Know Your Partner Deeper – A lot of times married couples find themselves just going through the motions of their day and not taking the time to have deep conversations with their spouse. Try to engage your spouse daily!
- Express Your Feelings – Keeping your emotions hidden from your spouse can be very detrimental over time. During our marriage therapy sessions, our staff will provide you with resources to help you better communicate with your spouse.
- Order of Operation – A healthy marriage first starts with God, then your marriage, and lastly business.
- Listen – A key component to a healthy marriage is listening to your spouse with open ears. Sometimes your spouse just needs to vent, and wants you to acknowledge the stress he or she is feeling. Do not ignore your spouse when this happens. Instead, provide encouragement.
- Time to Yourself – You need an outlet. Find something that you enjoy doing on your own that helps you feel refreshed after a long day. Do not take anger home to your spouse. Instead, utilize the activity to help you vent before coming home.
- Keep Your Spouse in the Loop – Simply by letting your spouse know what you have going on each day makes them feel like they are a small part of your day. If plans change, keep them in the loop.
- Think Before You Speak – Put yourself in their position and think about how you would like to be treated. Often times this will calm you down to a point that what you say is more pleasant and respectful.
So, if you live in Blaine, MN and you feel like your marriage could use a little help, we’ve got you covered. Partner with The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy today for couples counseling by calling (763) 572-2326.