Your wedding day is a beautiful thing. Flowers, friends, family, and that special person you are planning to spend the rest of your life with! Most people enter into a marriage expecting it to last forever. Once a marriage begins, there can be many trials and tribulations in life that can put a strain on anyone’s marriage. If you and your spouse are struggling within your marriage, it’s time to call The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy. Serving Coon Rapids and the entire Minneapolis, MN area, our licensed therapists are here to help you improve your marriage and reconnect with your spouse.
Our Licensed Marriage Therapist
Laurie Grengs is a licensed and highly experienced therapist that specializes in working with marital couples. She holds over 33 years of experience and multiple credentials that makes her an expert in marriage counseling. She believes that every marriage counselor has the important task of being the neutral third party that can bring perspective and direction to the primary love of a couple’s relationship. With extremely convenient contact hours, Laurie is ready to take on new clients. All types of health insurance are accepted at The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy.
Marriage Counseling in Minnesota
Often times couples can feel hopeless when it comes to fixing their marital problems. Problems that can root from childhood can be surfaced and worked through during marriage counseling. Our marriage therapists work to guide couples to the root of the struggle and then to the greater joy and life that can be sustainable for a lifetime. We remind couples of the commitment they have made to themselves, to their partners, and to their marriage.
7 steps to a healthy marriage:
- Always act from love: respond to what is in your marriage now.
- Keep your verbal communication open by starting sentences with “I feel, I think, I want,” etc.
- Remember that the order of success in marriage is God, Marriage, and then business.
- Listen to your partner fully and completely.
- Take time to soothe yourself with a behavior that’s uplifting so that you will be refreshed when confronted with a difficult part of your marriage.
- Share your daily agenda with one another and let them know if plans change.
- Always put yourself in their shoes. Be willing to learn and grow from one another.
If you live in Minnesota and are ready to take the necessary steps in putting your marriage back together, contact The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy today at (763)572-2326.