Laurie Grengs, a licensed therapist located in Coon Rapids, offers individual therapy to residents of Coon Rapids, Anoka, Blaine, Ham lake, Andover, Spring Lake Park, Champlin, and many other towns and cities in Minnesota. Laurie has practiced individual therapy for approximately thirty-five years, and has a well-earned reputation for offering cutting edge and compassionate therapy and for facilitating the healing processes of her clients.
Laurie provides expertise in the following areas that are especially helpful to people seeking individual therapy:
- Depression: If you are experiencing symptoms such as the inability to feel optimistic or happy, of if you have not been able to sleep or are sleeping more than usual, you may suffer from depression. Depression can be characterized by mood swings or disinterest in friends or other aspects of life that have been of interest to you.
- Marriage counseling: A qualified therapist is often necessary to making sense of the complex dynamics that occur in primary relationships. Laurie Grengs has provided couples with strategies for getting past problems that have prevented them from the full experience of joy in their relationships. Additionally, Laurie can work with the members of a couple individually as a way of helping the couple.
- Trauma: If trauma is recent and acute or in the past and manifesting as a more chronic circumstance, Laurie Grengs can help you understand the issues as they are manifesting in your life presently. Trauma works on our psychology in unique ways, and can turn into negative patterns of behavior in adulthood that do a great job of hiding the unhealthy results they create. Laurie can help you see those patterns and change the way they manifest in your life.
- Anger management: Anger is a natural part of the human emotional palette. We all experience it. We do not all experience it in the most effective or healthy ways. Laurie Grengs can help you get to the point of being able to express your anger more effectively and healthily. Whether it has to do with infidelity in a relationship, financial difficulties, being bullied at work, or other circumstances that prompt your angry response, anger that occurs without understanding can become a problem for you. Laurie Grengs can help you sort through it.
- Substance abuse: Knowledge of how chemical substances impact us is central to providing helpful individual counseling, and Laurie Grengs possesses both the knowledge and experience to do so expertly.
Laurie Grengs and her team at The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy can help you find your way forward, no matter what you are struggling with. Call (763) 572-2326 or (877) 572-2326 to learn more or to schedule an appointment.