In our world today, depression is one of the most common mental disorders. Each year, nearly 20 millions Americans suffer from depression. Depression not only alters your emotions, but it can affect your entire body if not managed properly. Issues ranging from your heart to a weakened immune system can all stem from depression. On the other hand, some illnesses that you may be dealing with can also trigger depression as well. If you are looking for depression help in Minnesota that focuses on your entire body, team up with The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy! Laurie Grengs, a licensed psychologist, and her dedicated team will be with you every step of the way to managing this mental disorder.
Common Physical Symptoms of Depression
Changes in your brain related to depression may cause physical symptoms that can harm an individual over time. Once you notice these symptoms, it is important to seek help quickly so that Laurie Grengs and her team can help. Common symptoms include:
- Aches and Pains – Research has shown that nearly 2 out of 3 individuals suffering from depression experience body aches.
- Fatigue – Always feeling tired? Don’t ignore this sign! Fatigue is a common issue that people with depression face.
- Lack of Interest in Sex – If your sex drive isn’t where it usually is, this could be directly related to your depression.
- Lack of Interest in Food – Depression can decrease your appetite. If not careful, your lack of appetite can affect other parts of the body as well.
- Lack of Good Sleep – Another common symptom of depression is lack of sleep or insomnia.
Illnesses That Can Stem From Depression
- Heart Attack
- Coronary Artery Disease
- Kidney Disease
Minnesota Depression Help
Finding the inner you that was once happy is what we strive to help you search for. Peace within yourself is a trait that may have long gone, but our staff is determined to help you find it again. With 35 years of experience, Laurie Grengs knows how to help clients find freedom from their depression holistically. Medication can temporarily help, but your long term goal should be beating depression for good so that it does not affect your health. Through our therapy sessions and resources, you will be able to get back on that path of life where happiness abounds.
It is time for you to take control of your depression before it takes a hold of your entire body and health. Team up with a Minnesota psychologist, Laurie Grengs, and The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy today by calling (763) 572-2326.