There will be times in everyone’s life that require you to deal with sad, tough and dark times. Some individuals are able to get through this on their own, while others get overwhelmed with feelings and get stuck in a stage of life that no one should have to endure. These feelings can translate into depression, an illness that affects an individual’s mood, attitude, and even physical health. If you or someone that you know in Andover, Minnesota is currently struggling with depression, it is time to team up with the wonderful depression specialists at The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy.
Nearly 20 million people struggle with some level of depression in the United States each year. Depression is an illness that does not discriminate. It can affect young children, teenagers, young adults, parents, and even the elderly. If depression is not addressed, it can cause negative health effects long term. That’s where our dedicated staff comes into play! Laurie Grengs, a licensed psychologist, and her team of counselors strive to provide resources to help you get through the tough times, and into a state of life where you experience enjoyment and happiness.
Common Signs of Depression:
- Expressed Sadness – Visible sadness is a common sign of someone suffering from depression.
- Loss of Hope – At times, individuals may feel like they are so deep in a hole that there is no hope of beating depression.
- Lack of Interest in Activities – If you or someone you know suddenly stops interacting in activities that used to bring happiness, depression may be present.
- Loss of Productivity – Whether it is in school, on the job, or at home, sudden laziness is a sign to look out for.
- Feeling of Fatigue – Depression can cause decreased energy because of the overwhelming feeling experienced by many.
- Lack of Appetite – Keep an eye on the eating habits of those suffering from depression.
- Change in Sleep Patterns – Excessive sleep or insomnia can be caused by depression.
- Suicidal Thoughts – The most extreme feeling caused by depression. If you know anyone at this point, let our staff help them as soon as possible.
Andover Depression Help
If you or someone you know in Andover, Minnesota is showing signs of depression, let Laurie Grengs and her staff at The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy assist with this condition. Give us a call at (763) 572-2326 to set up an appointment.