Non-Medicated Approach to Depression Relief
If you suspect that either you or a loved one is suffering from a Depressive Disorder, there is hope. Depression is a treatable condition that can improve greatly with the help of a qualified mental health professional such as a Licensed Psychologist. Psychotherapy can be an Effective Depression Treatment with lifelong results. At The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy we believe in taking a Non-Medicated Approach to relieving symptoms of depression in men and women. Our facility is conveniently located in Coon Rapids MN where our Depression Psychologists are ready to help.
What is Depression?
Depression goes beyond the occasional feelings of sadness or trouble sleeping. When someone is depressed they generally have symptoms that go on for weeks or months. It is a serious, yet treatable illness that can affect men and women in different ways. Both sexes are likely to have symptoms that are problematic and interfere with daily life.
Common Types of Depression
- Major Depression: severe symptoms that often interfere with one’s ability to enjoy life, work, sleep or eat. An individual may have only one episode of major depression in a lifetime but is more likely to experience several episodes.
- Dysthymia or Dysthymic Disorder: less severe depressive symptoms that last for two or more years.
- Minor Depression: symptoms are usually less severe than major depression and may not last as long as dysthymia.
Common Symptoms of Depression
Depression affects each person differently but there are several Commonly Recognized Symptoms of Depression:
- Feelings of guilt, hopelessness, anxiety, anger or irritability
- Difficulty with concentrating or memory
- Sleeping too much or sleeping too little
- Sadness or feeling of emptiness
- Suicidal thoughts
- Loss of interest in hobbies or activities
- Eating problems such as overeating or not wanting to eat
- Aches, pains, digestive disorders or headaches
- Inability to keep up with family or work responsibilities
Treatments for Depressive Disorders
The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy provides individualized Therapy for Depressive Disorders. Our approach to healing your depression does not include medication. We use research-based techniques to free individuals from the pain, loneliness and hopelessness of depression.
Getting Help for Depression | Coon Rapids Counselor
Making a call to The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy is a major step in your road to Recovery From Depression. Depression is a Treatable Illness that can improve with the guidance and support of an Experienced Depression Psychologist. Our work with helping individuals to heal from the devastating and painful affects of depression is very rewarding as we can see feelings of hope, peace and joy replace those of guilt, anxiety and loneliness.
In the Coon Rapids MN area call The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy for help with Depression at: (763) 572-2326 or (877) 527-2326