Food: Love It and Hate It!July 29, 2020
Moving beyond the duality in your relationship with food.
At Laurie Grengs Counseling, we uplift you to transform eating into a magnificent opportunity.
How do we do that? Please read below as we share with you how the development of peace and ease with food can be created.
Let us start with three concepts.
- Falling in love and sustaining love with eating, free of it serving to cope with emotional struggles.
- Food is your source of energy and health, to assist you in manifesting your dreams.
- Foods that raise you up psychologically and energetically, will assist you to reach peace and ease.
Eating food is a great source of enjoyment. Food is our ally in bringing joy to a necessary part of living. Yet when emotional pain, boredom, loneliness, and sorrow appear in our hearts, food can lure us to feel the comfort from eating foods we love. This comfort appears as an answer to our emotional struggles.
Unraveling eating food for emotional reasons from eating to feed our bodies, we find freedom. Falling in love and staying in love with eating, comes from this freedom.
Counseling guides a person to find peace and ease in eating. Defining the reasons, you eat, unraveling emotions from eating, and uplifting your choices in food, will lead you to empowerment in your food relationships. In addition, a professional guide will give you further tools to create a positive relationship between what you eat and how food fuels your psychological well-being.
Food is a source of positive energy. This positive energy can facilitate to lift you to greater peace and joy. Consider food as Light energy that is radiating through your body to assist you to open up your mind, heart, and body to assist you to travel to places of outstanding creativity.
On this path, the foods we choose can assist our energy towards our own inner Light or pull our energy away from realizing our dreams.
The foods we eat affect our emotional and physical functioning. A diet of processed foods reduces our vitality. We may feel tired or unhappy, which can prevent us from attracting the wonderful things we desire.
- Boost your physical health and shift your food perspective by choosing fresh, when possible, organic nutritious snacks and meals. Fresh fruits increase our physical vibration. Berries also support our immune system and help reduce inflammation. Leafy green vegetables, such as spinach and kale, channel the sun’s energy straight to increasing our vibration.
- Enhance your meals with fresh herbs and spices. They contain powerful healing qualities and add incredible flavor to our food, which increases our enjoyment and our overall state of being.
- Increase your energy. Beans and legumes are energy superfoods. They contain B vitamins, iron, protein, and carbohydrates to increase our stamina.
Nutrition needs vary from person to person. As chronicled by naturopathic physician Peter J. D’Adamo in his book “Eat Right 4 Your Type,” some foods work better than others based on blood type. This unique approach is a resource to understanding how your unique blood physiology can guide you to find another resource in creating a positive relationship with food.
Learn your blood type to develop a diet profile specific to your body’s needs and processes. This will also help you discover which types of foods are most beneficial and which to avoid. For example:
- Type O: High in protein but limit grains, dairy, and legumes.
- Type A: Vegetarian diet with whole grains.
- Type B: Certain meats, low-fat dairy, and green vegetables.
- Type AB: Focus on dairy, green vegetables, and seafood. Avoid cured meats.
Love can consistently prevail in your relationship with food and be a resource to enhance your path to manifest abundant health. Subsequently, the duality with food can be put to rest.
Laurie Grengs Counseling is here to assist you. Contact us, for eating can be an asset in your journey to experience increasing freedom, peace, and ease.
- Emotional Wellness