Autism Spectrum Disorders (ASD) are increasingly more common affecting approximately 1 in 68 children. It is the fastest growing developmental disorder around the globe. Autism and ADHD are commonly diagnosed together. Currently there is no medical test to diagnose autism and evaluations are often handled by a Licensed Psychologist. It is important to choose a psychologist with experience in both Autism and ADHD. In Minnesota, families can go to The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy. Our MN Licensed Psychologists provide comprehensive psychological evaluations in areas including Autism Evaluations and ADHD Screenings.
Psychological Evaluation for Autism Spectrum Disorders
Parents may be advised by their child’s pediatrician that a Comprehensive Evaluation for an Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) is recommended for their child. A correct diagnosis early can produce the best results for the affected child. They may be given a referral to a Licensed Psychologist for the ASD Evaluation.
A Minnesota Licensed Psychologist can do a complete assessment to diagnose your child. He or she may then be able to help your child through behavior intervention or recommendations for an Individualized Education Program (IEP). It is not uncommon for a child to diagnosed with both Autism and ADHD.
Autism Evaluation Process
Autism Evaluations can be provided by a Licensed Psychologist with experience in Autism Spectrum Disorder. The assessment process may vary but it typically includes multiple components.
- Reviewing Records including medical records and information from teachers, speech therapist, occupational therapist and parent questionnaire.
- Interview with the Parents to obtain additional information on the child’s behavior and development.
- Child Assessment that usually involves observing behaviors, cognitive testing and assessing memory, fine motor skills and attention. The process could take 2 to 3 hours depending on the child’s age.
- Psychologist Feedback on test results and the diagnosis. This a time for parents to ask questions to better understand the expert diagnosis and recommendations for therapies, interventions and education.
- Written Report of the diagnosis and recommendations will be provided during the feedback session or following a final visit.
MN Licensed Psychologist
The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy provides Comprehensive Evaluations for Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD), ADHD and other developmental and behavioral disorders. Our Licensed Psychologists are experienced in making accurate diagnosis for ASD and providing recommendations for therapies and education. The prevalence of Autism in American society is staggering but the resources to help families are growing.
Call or email The International Center for the Attainment of Love and Joy – today at 763-572-2326, 1-877-527-2326 or email at email@example.com